Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A little about me

Note:  this post was originally published at The Eclectic Woman on November 10, 2009.  

I am Mom to a teenage son and preteen daughter. Needless to say, the hormones are revving up and about to make their horrifying grand entrance. I am certain I'm pre-menopausal, so things should be quite interesting around here in the next two years. If we make it through without someone dead or in prison, I will be celebrating for two months in Italy. All donations accepted.

We have three pets--a Shih-Tzu, named Harley, a cat named Rocket, and a Beta named Spike--who add to the craziness of our household. The beta actually tends to be neglected. The dog terrorizes the cat, the cat and kids terrorize each other, the kids terrorize Mom, and Mom takes this out on Dad! Dad is prepared for this and so his weapons of choice are Starbucks or Sonic drinks and romantic movie rentals.

But seriously, I am married to a wonderful husband (fourteen years and counting). He is truly a rare breed, from what I see and hear from the women around me. Does he have his faults? Of course. Depending on my mood, you might find them listed in chronological order and rated by degrees of severity.

All-in-all he's a great guy and I wouldn't trade him for anyone...except maybe for Rob Pattinson, but only for a night, okay maybe a whole day, what about for the weekend; no wait, a week. Oh, who am I kidding?! If Rob Pattinson shows up at my door, he must be lost.

Which means no one knows where he is but me! Which means I can lock him in my room and make him play Melanie's Bella's Lullaby and sing "Let Me Sign" over and over! Then I can charge my friends to get a peak at all his wonderful Rob-liness!

Then when my husband comes home and the FBI show up, the men in white coats will carry me off to the padded room of my choice.

No comments: